Streets for Theater – Training for Invisible Theater
„Street Theater“ is an Erasmus+ training course organized by Cultural Association Transformator based in Ljubljana, Slovenia in partnership with Foundation „SolidarityWorks“ and other partners from EU countries. The project will take place between 4th – 12th of July 2021 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Foundation „SolidarityWorks“ will select 3 participants from Bulgaria to participate in the training course. Participants should be youth workers, coordinators, facilitators or trainers from active NGOs which support human rights, inclusion and empowerment of young people. The minimum age for participation is 18 years old.
This project is funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Commission. The program covers:
– 100% of the costs towards food, accommodation and training
– Travel costs up to 275 euros with cheapest means of transportation
Theatre of the Oppressed is a type of theatre methodology developed by Augusto Boal (1931-2009) in the 1960s, inspired by the critical pedagogy and pedagogy of the oppressed concepts of Paulo Freire (1921-1997). Both of them were based in Brazil at the time, and the social-political context of those days (post-colonialist era and authoritarian military junta regime) significantly influenced the development of these concepts, approaches and methodology.
Main features of Theatre of the Oppressed Methodology
– It is an interactive type of theatre – the audience engage actively, they can participate in the process and become “spect-actors”;
– Tackles real-life oppression in its various forms (the discussion on this topic is vast, as, very often, oppression can be interpreted in endless ways, and can be applied to almost all areas of life);
– It aims to bring along a change in relation with the specific oppression approached – mostly by empowering the oppressed and people around them.
To apply fill out the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10.06.2021